Any car enthusiast alive during the 90s will surely remember the Pontiac Firebird. With aggressive looks and an LT1 under the hood, it was right at home next to cars such as the Corvette. This example carries the Formula SLP Firehawk designation, making it number 262 of only 500 ever built. Based on its rarity, we aren’t at all surprised that it was ordered new from a GM employee. At 14k miles, this car headed over the Lingenfelter, who decided to kick the car up a notch with their stage V upgrades. These upgrades alone cost the owner roughly $18k, and we are happy to state that we have the original paperwork and documentation from Lingenfelter. Unfortunately, we cannot list everything that Lingenfelter did, but we’ve attached some detailed documents which will walk you through it. With a dyno-confirmed 440hp to the wheels, and now offered in impeccable condition, this is the car to have.
- This Firehawk was sent to Lingenfelter with only 14k miles on the clock. While there, it received the full stage V upgrade, as documented below.
- Regardless of the upgrades, all SLPs are rare, with only 500 being built total in 1994.
- This example was extremely well kept, and its current condition shows it. With only 55k original miles on the clock, it’s ready to be enjoyed.
- Power is sent to the rear wheels through a replacement T56, which was built by RPM and installed in 2015. The seller states that he has the receipts from this work.
- As a part of the stage V process, the original LT1 has been upgraded, and now displaces 383 cubic inches. This car makes a dyno-verified 440hp to the wheels.
- The second owner of this vehicle added some additional high-end modifications, which are noted below.
- 383 cu in LT1 V8
- Forged crankshaft
- 6-Speed manual
- Black exterior paint
- Black interior leather
- Custom bodykit
- Auburn rear-end with 3.42 Positraction and hardened axles
- UMI rear suspension
- The car looks fantastic, and drives with no issues.
- Everything works as it should.
- Clean undercarriage and suspension.
- Three owners since new.
Maintenance and Modifications:
- Lingenfelter stage V upgrade
- Custom bodykit
- Replacement T56 transmission built by RPM (with receipts)
- Center force dual friction clutch with Fidanza aluminum flywheel
- Auburn rear end with 3.42 Positraction and hardened axles
- Full UMI rear suspension
- Clean title
- 58k miles shown
- Sold by a dealer, meaning California buyers should expect to pay sales tax
- Vin: 2G2FV22P2R2 214800