Ever since its introduction in 1954, the Mercedes SL has always been the gold standard of top-down motoring. The R230 generation, which hit the streets in 2003 is generally thought to be the earliest “modern” SL, due to its smooth lines that still look great. This particular example is powered by the M113 engine, which is commonly referred to as one of the most reliable V8s ever made by Mercedes Benz. With less than 47k miles on the odometer, we couldn’t be happier to offer this gorgeous SL out of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- This SL is mostly stock, with one tasteful upgrade that we really like. The stock wheels have been swapped with 20” wheels from a newer AMG, that give the car a more modern look without compromising ride quality.
- This particular car has the sport package front bumper, which gives it a more aggressive look.
- These SLs came equipped with Active Body Control, which does a remarkable job of keeping the car flat through corners. It can also raise the car to clear obstacles, or lower for a sportier experience.
- The seats are a great place to be, wrapped in supple leather and boasting heat, ventilation, and a massaging features.
- The 5 speed automatic transmission is remarkably smooth, and can be shifted via the gear selector.
- The M113 engine is mostly quiet, but gives a nice growl that can be heard with the top down.
- 5 liter V8 paired to 5 speed automatic transmission with manual shifting
- Hardtop convertible
- Heated, ventilated, and massaging seats
- Power adjustable seats
- ABC adjustable suspension
- Newer style AMG 20” wheels
- Infotainment system with added Bluetooth dongle.
- Tinted windows
- Books and records included
- The car is exactly what you’d expect from a low mileage example
- The passenger side mirror turn indicator has been replaced since the video was taken
- Everything else works as it should
- ABC suspension shows no leaks
- CarFax provided by seller via the detail gallery
Maintenance and Modifications:
- Normal maintenance carried out
- Front window tint
- Newer style AMG wheels with new tires
- Clean title.
- 46,XXX actual miles
- Vin: wdbsk75f83f021705
- Sold via dealer, meaning California buyers should expect to pay applicable fees such as sales tax.