When most car enthusiasts think of a classic American truck, the Ford F100 Short Bed is one of the first models to come to mind. These second-gen models, which went into production in 1953, are one of, if not the most iconic bodystyle from any American brand. All-original restorations are great, but this truck kicks things up a notch (actually a few notches) with a Ford Racing 302 under the hood and modern suspension, brakes, and steering to support the added power. This is a fresh build, with only approximately 200 fun miles being driven since its completion.
- This truck has been fully redone in a body-off-frame restoration. This included new brakes, suspension, drivetrain wiring, and interior. The truck has been driven roughly 200 miles since.
- The pickup bed has been fitted with new wood planks that are reported by the seller to be in excellent condition.
- Under the hood is a fuel injected Ford Racing 302 V8 with aluminum heads and MSD fuel injection. This includes an aluminum radiator with thermostatically controlled electric cooling fans. Heat-wrapped headers feed into a 2.5” dual stainless exhaust.
- The transmission is now a 4-speed AOD unit from a 1994 Mustang. The rear end is also from a Mustang, and features a limited slip differential.
- The truck now rolls on American racing wheels. The suspension now features tubular control arms.
- Modern features that most have grown to expect such as power windows and air conditioning are present on this F100.
- Short bed
- Fuel injected 302 cubic inch V8 engine
- 2.5” exhaust
- MSD fuel injection
- Electric cooling fans
- Lokar shifters
- Power disk brakes (Wilwood) at all four corners
- Power rack and pinion steering
- Power windows
- New gauges
- Tilt steering column
- Vintage AC
- Truck runs great, rebuild just done. Puts power down well with LSD rear end.
- Great convenience of added power steering and brakes.
- Awesome sounding truck.
Maintenance and Modifications:
- Ford Racing 302 engine
- Wilwood disk brakes
- Lokar shifter
- LSD rear end
- Vintage AC
- Tubular control arms with Mustang II front suspension
- Rack and pinion steering
- American Racing wheels
- All new wiring and Dolphin gauges
- Sold by a California Dealer
- California buyers should expect to pay applicable fees including sales tax
- Vin: F10D4R13235